Implementation Management Support
A good strategy is one that gets implemented
With tailored capacity-building, advisory support, and specialized tools, ITC offers ways to ensure strategies get implemented.
Success depends on government and businesses mobilizing resources to put the strategy into action. ITC provides tools and support to manage limited resources, coordinate and track implementation, and strengthen institutions. Good management gets policymakers and institutions to work together.
ITC’s Strategy Implementation Management Tool (SIMT) allows real-time management of trade and investment development. SIMT is a modern, web-based application that effectively addresses critical challenges. It complements other monitoring tools in the country for transparency, accountability and accuracy.
A good strategy achieves results. Without implementation, even the best-designed strategy is just a piece of paper. We often see that partner countries find implementation extremely challenging. In response to these difficulties, ITC's comprehensive set of services are designed to:
- Define a governance structure for collaboration and coordination among institutions;
- Set up digital systems to track progress, measure results, and identify gaps and duplications;
- Mobilize businesses and civil society;
- Mobilize national and international resources to fund implementation.
Implementing a trade development strategy requires a ‘whole of country’ approach, where government, the private sector, business support organizations and civil society work together to achieve results. ITC is your partner and advisor in this endeavour. We succeed only when you succeed.
ITC’s approach to implementation management focuses on four central elements: building effective governance structures, building institutional capacities, providing advisory support services, and providing a strategy implementation management tool.
Robust governance structures facilitate decision making and implementation. In most cases, this involves creating a high-level committee to oversee export development. This committee ensures the strategy is managed, monitored, measured, and implemented.
Building national capacities
ITC training modules are tailored to the country’s needs, covering topics such as:
- Setting up governance structures
- Mobilizing resources and programming into the national budget
- Identifying and engaging donors
- Tracking and reporting progress
- Engaging trade support institutions
- Engaging the private sector and civil society
Advisory support services
ITC advisory support services guide implementation and transfer knowledge to partner countries. Drawing on its vast network of strategy partners and practitioners, ITC identifies the best solutions to challenges. Our advisory services cover:
- Coordination with focal points
- Track and monitor implementation
- Annual progress report
- Annual national budget proposals
- Project proposals for development partners
- Communication and outreach
ITC’s Strategy Implementation Management Tool (SIMT) allows real-time management of trade and investment development. SIMT is a modern, web-based application that effectively addresses transparency, accountability and accuracy.