The SheTrades project frames ITC’s projects on women and trade. The unique framework engages partners to contribute to the main goal of the initiative, namely, to connect three million women entrepreneurs to markets by 2021, and provides them with tools and methodologies that expand ITC's reach.
The aim of the project is to increase the participation of women entrepreneurs in international trade. This will be achieved by:
- Supporting beneficiaries with relevant assistance in the covid/post covid environment. Workshops, webinars and online courses tailored to specific sectors and broad topics (e-commerce, logistics, business skills, etc.) will be delivered by ITC experts and partners;
- Increasing sustainability, scale and impact of the initiative through the establishment and consolidation of SheTrades Hubs and key partnerships;
- Raising awareness of the benefits of implementing inclusive business practices and policies through publications and events;
- Organizing innovative business/investment generation activities through SheTrades Invest and the annual SheTrades Global event;
- Sustaining and developing tools (shetrades.com and VLS) and methodologies to enrich the initiative's offerings.
In 2021, this project will also focus on delivering on the initiative's goal of connecting three million women to market by 2021 and providing quality means of verification. It will also design the initiative's new cycle and new goals.