Trade Training Hub (TTH)
The Diploma in International Trade is a new offering for the SME Trade Academy. The project was initiated in 2020 to build capacity of professionals and SMEs in International Trade, by providing high quality, internationally accredited certification through the Institute of Exports and International Trade (IOE&IT).
The project has three prong collaboration between ITC, IOE&IT and the local TSI.
· ITC will provide the online platform for each TSI, convert IOE&IT content and Assessments to suitable online learning format and methodology.
· IoE will provide the SME Trade Academy with learning resources, assessors and certification
· The TSI’s will be responsible for its marketing, invoicing, collection, assessment management and learner support.
The pilot targeted three countries Ghana, Nigeria and Kenya.
The Diploma in International Trade was launched in Ghana in collaboration with the Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA).
The project expanded in 2021 to Nigeria in partnership with Nigeria Export Promotion Council (NEPC), while GEPA successfully marketed and launched a second cohort of the programme. The Diploma is fee-based, and Ghana’s second paid cohort is proof that there is a demand in the market for this type of certification.
In 2022, the pilot was launched in Kenya in partnership with the Kenya Export Promotion and Branding Agency (KEPROBA) with 29 participants.
In 2023 the project will:
• Expand its reach to five English-speaking countries in Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, and Zambia) thus increasing the reach of the project to eight countries
• Provide a new product offering the Certificate in International Trade
• Register 60 participants from 8 countries on the Certificate in International Trade.