Trade and market intelligence for the Eastern Partnership Countries
The Eastern Area Partnership (EaP) Helpdesk will provide economic operators, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs), trade and investment support institutions (TISIs) and policy makers in EaP countries with an interactive online platform that offers access to trade information (e.g. tariffs, non-tariff measures, taxes, trade statistics, trade procedures and company data) necessary to do business in the region and with the European Union (EU). An online feedback mechanism will allow companies to report on difficulties they face in international trade. Surveys of trade barriers in each country will enable an increased understanding of the regulatory and procedural obstacles that companies face and help policy makers to identify options to reduce trade costs. Training on the analysis of the information available via the Helpdesk will allow SMEs and TISIs to identify export opportunities and the capacity of institutions to collect and process services data for selected sectors will be be strengthened.
Sustainable Development Goals
Strengthening intra-regional trade relations
The Eastern Partnership Trade Helpdesk is designed to increase economic ties between the European Union and the EaP countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and the Ukraine.
We do this by:
- Providing trade information on the region and the EU via an online portal;
- Identifying regulatory and procedural trade obstacles through company surveys;
- Facilitating the reporting, monitoring and resolution of obstacles via an online enquiry system;
- Building capacity to collect and process trade in services data on specific sectors;
- Training on the use of selected market analysis tools to identify new export opportunities