Event: WTO Director-General Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala gives keynote address at SheTrades roundtable (en)
The International Trade Centre and the Nigerian Export Promotion Council are co-hosting a roundtable, featuring the Director-General of the World Trade Organization, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, during her visit to Abuja, Nigeria.
The event explores Aid for Trade for women in trade in the Nigerian context. It includes speakers from across the Nigerian women's entrepreneurial ecosystem, who are working with the Nigerian Export Promotion Council and the Nigerian chapter of ITC's SheTrades initiative.
The roundtable is broadcast live via ITC's Facebook channel at 10:00 AM Central European Time.
- Welcome Remarks - Olusegun Awolowo, Executive Director, Nigerian Export Promotion Council
- Opening Statement - Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Executive Director, International Trade Centre
- SheTrades Impact in Nigeria - Terfa Ashwe, SheTrades Hub Focal Point, NEPC
- Partnerships in Action - Penny Naas, President, International Public Affairs and Sustainability, UPS
- Keynote Address - Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Director-General, WTO
- Stories of Success - Women Entrepreneurs from the SheTrades Initiative
- Closing Remarks - Haj. Saratu Iya Aliyu, President, Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture
- Made in Nigeria Showcase