Media advisory: World Export Development Forum 10 – 11 May 2011
The International Trade Centre (ITC)
10 - 11 May 2011
Istanbul, Turkey, within the LDC-IV Conference, Harbiye Cultural Centre
Thirty out of forty nine of the world’s least developed countries (LDCs) have identified the development of tourism as a feasible way to participate in the global economy and thereby reduce poverty. WEDF brings together tourism experts from the public and private sectors to work on solutions.
1. Private Sector Engagement with LDCs, and Commitments for Sustainable Tourism-led Growth
2. Sustainable Partnerships, Ethical Investment and Intelligent Resource Management in the Tourism Sector
1. Inclusive Tourism as a Market Opportunity for the Developing World
2. Integrating Horticulture into the Tourism Supply Chain
3. Engaging Women Vendors in the Tourism Value Chain: Impacting human and economic development
4. Recovering Tourism after a Crisis
Mr. Ed Fuller, keynote speaker, President and Managing Director of Marriott International. Mrs. Patricia Francis, Executive Director, ITC. Mr. Pascal Lamy, Director-General of the WTO. H.E. Dr. Mary Nagu, Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Tanzania. Ms. Rosette Chantal Rugamba, Founder, Songa Africa, Rwanda. Mr. Hiran Cooray, Chairman, Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) and Chairman, Jetwing.
Sampling of speakers:
World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), SECO (Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs)